OPERATIONS MANAGER – (FULL TIME)
LOCATION: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS (Reports to Director of Operations)
Lead and develop team leaders or travel consultants in delivering travel agency operational services at agreed service levels consistent with company standards while optimizing performance. Proactively identify and implement solutions to constantly improve service levels and performance. Oversee the company’s call center management tool to improve operations efficiency and optimize client service delivery. Guide, rectify and lead the team to perform world class travel solutions. Provide management and motivation to the operations team. Ensure a high level of cooperation/communication between teams, among the operations functions and with all functions in the organization (e.g. account management, accounting, sales and IT). Lead, coach, mentor and empower direct reports to meet the organizational goals. Manage, motivate and provide direction to direct reports to achieve agreed targets. Maximize team productivity through ongoing reporting, feedback and counseling. Manage goal setting, review and appraisal process of team leaders. Constantly drive direct reports to achieve their personal and team KPI’s. Monitor and provide feedback on a daily and weekly basis. Complete monthly individual reviews with frontline travel consultants covering their KPI’s and defining resulting action items and/or personal development plans. Provide performance counseling where necessary, both reactively to improve performance and proactively to foster professional development. Monitor and report on all issues pertaining to the operation, escalating and closing off all risks. Monitor team activity and workload in order to identify recruitment needs and seek approval. Assist in hiring of operations team leaders and provide guidance on recruitment to direct reports. Participate in recruitment of approved new team members and conduct interviews in a timely manner and in accordance with company standards. Assist in the development of operational policies and procedures. Manage client service levels to provide the highest levels of service delivery to clients and stakeholders. Manage daily service levels across all communications channels: telephone and email service factor monitored and met; transaction processing time; online booking tool adoption and awareness. Responsible for real time management, and approval, of overtime, changes in breaks/lunches, training and Leave without Pay (LWOP). Manages proper allocation, and verification, of overtime. Reviews and documents issues with impacts contracted service levels, such as, but not limited to: weather, outages, and flight cancellations. Ensure, in coordination with account management, that all team members are aware of client travel policy and service level requirements and participate in client meetings when required. Ensure all transactions are charged and that open transactions are investigated and processed in a timely manner. Create a ‘customer first’ culture. Oversee various operational policies and procedures covered in the CTP Handbook, such as the Attendance Policy, the Equipment Release policy, the Business Continuity Plan and the Telecommuter policy.
Note: performs other duties as assigned, and aligned, with this job description.
- Minimum 5+ years managing a contact center operations team
- GDS Experience Required (Sabre or Worldspan) Amadeus a plus
- Excellent organizational and analytical ability for process mapping
- Significant knowledge and understanding of company’s call center management tool
- Think out-of-the-box for new and better ways of doing business
- Travel management experience preferred
- Demonstrate proactive and “can do” solution driven approaches
- Display initiative and ownership and capability of making sound judgments
- Positive role model for all staff and lead by example
- Rigorous, well organized, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge in, or the ability to learn, a myriad of diverse technology modalities, such as: TASKE Contact/Desktop , Avaya, TimeForce, iBank/Grasp reporting tools, Trams mid-office, Cvent, Groupize, Concur, remote desktop software, GoTo Meeting, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Business Suite, and file-transfer protocols (FTP)